Wednesday 25 June 2014

An Invisible War

Written June 18, 2012

It has been a struggle for the last half year to swim out of this seemingly powerful quicksand of negative thoughts. Albeit I was on a positive streak for a while, it appears now that the universe is putting me on a tolerance diet of things not occurring in my favor which has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. It's been tough all around since Dad passed. I've jumped through hurdles to get to a comfortable seating, a territory I've claimed at least for now. I shouldn't be complaining, but as other aspects of my life brighten, the greater the contrast it gives to other facets that I evidently failed to work on ever since I left home. The apparent lack of clarity and loss in direction in this space leaves me to question whether the life I see in others is the same one I should expect. 

Yes. It is common wisdom that comparing one's life to those of others is a sure source of misery. And when I come to think of it, when I see the most miserable person still loved and kept by the other, I cannot help but question what there is waiting for me. Is patience actually helping or limiting my chances at happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment